The trend of conducting personality assessment test for the prospective employees is something that most of the employers across the world are adopting. It is a process used in the recruitment and selection process which helps in identifying the right fit for the job. The right skill and knowledge required for a particular job can be assessed through the personality tests. These personality tests measure the emotional quotient of the person which is extremely important for the selection of the individual.
Let us understand how employers can reap the benefits of these tests
- Firming the process of selection – The personality assessment test strengthen the entire process of recruitment as it provides a basis for the selection of an individual. It is a very helpful tool for the recruiters to analyse and assess the kind of manpower required by the business. The recruiters are able to narrow down the list of qualities required in an individual.
- Gaining a new perspective about the candidate – This test provides an outlook where employers can gather a lot of information about the candidate. Through these tests, the emotional intelligence can be measured and that is very important for overall functioning of employees. Besides the other abilities and personal working style of an individual is not known through the resume so that is why personality assessment test play a great role.
- Culture improvement – These tests help immensely in improving the culture. The candidate can understand the leadership and communication style of the prospective employer and this helps in improving the overall culture as they become more and more receptive. Besides it is advantageous for the employers as they become aware of learning styles of employees and also their level of extrovert or introvert behaviour.
- Tool for personality development – These tests are a great tool for developing the overall personality of an employee and that is anyway beneficial for the employer. The employer can make use of these tests to find out the key areas where their employees need improvement and then depending on that they can have further trainings planned which would surely result in personality development.
- Less attrition in the long run – If the qualities of the new employees are similar to that of existing employees, the rate of attrition is comparatively lesser. This is the reason why most of the employers go for these tests for their new employees. Also it prepares the Hiring manager to ask the questions related to the test and find out more about the candidate.
To conclude, it can be inferred that these personality tests are very important. These tests can be done through online and offline mediums. The Online personality test facilitates better and quick assessment of the personality. But these tests must be used along with other screening techniques as well and the result from these must not be taken as a final conclusion. These tests are good for predicting the behaviour of the people and must comply with the employment requirements.