Over recent years there has been an increase in the number of couples opting for a civil ceremony rather than a religious church wedding. With some of these ceremonies being held in stately homes and hotels and others opting for an outdoors wedding.
You can combine both of these when you look at venues like those than can be found at http://www.thespeechhouse.co.uk/weddings/ . The Speech House can be found by searching for Wedding Hotel venue Wye Valley and is situated in the beautiful Forest of Dean.
2017 was again another year for wedding trends. Some of the more notable one’s last year were:
- Vintage Glamour – Theme it up. Look for an elegant 1920’s style with all the girls and Flappersand the lads very Dapper.
- Pink – Not the Pop star. But the colour, Not too vibrant though and it’s very now and also seen as classic.
- Metallics–Easy to go over the top with this. Best to restrict that silver and pewter look to the top table.
- Classic neutrals–Grey’s and whites have staying power. You don’t wantto look back on your wedding and think looks really dated.
- Tall Vases–Not only do they give your flowers a lift they also make excellent and stylish centre pieces to wow the audience.
- Custom menus – This is becoming a real thing. Offer normal food but theme it around say a TV show. Medieval banquets for Game of Thrones for example.
- Signature Cocktails–Why not create a drink that represents your love. Serve as the guests arrive to get the mood set right.
- Tall cakes – Not that they ever went away but it seems that the day of the cup cake tower might be coming to an end with good old-fashioned tiers with columns coming back into fashion.
- Dessert Stations–This lets your guest graze on the sweet stuff through the day. Lots of little sweet snacks as opposed to sit down pudding.
- Drone Photography – Very with it. Your can get any angle and a bird’s eye view of the day. Make sure the thing’s not too close though as they give off a loud buzz.
- Lounge Areas–As the party starts ditch those old formal chairs for a more club orientated scene by adding lounge areas. Make your evening party really fell like a night out.
For music; It’s becoming very important to get the right tunes down pat. A wedding DJ will get that tone set right for you.The top 5 most popular songs played at weddings in 2017 were:
- Uptown Funk -Bruno Mars allows
- Shake it Off
- Shut Up and Dance
- Can’t Stop the Feeling
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody
It’s going to be a great day, whatever your choices.