Drumming today has become one of the most widely loved extracurricular activities for children. Starting at a young age they wish to learn the tricks of the trade. But teaching the younger kids comes with a set of challenges as they are at a tender age and the attention span is also quite short. Hence it is very important to devise new ways in order to sustain their interest and also keeping the fun element of the act intact. Off late many institutes like Aureus academy in Singapore have devised new ways to teach drumming to students from the age of 5. One can enrol in drum lessons singapore and see the difference. Some of the interesting ideas to make the drum lessons fun are listed below.
- The most important challenge that many instructors come across is an effective way to communicate with the kids. Hence the key here is to look for an effective method to communicate with them. One can make use of color-coded drum set notations that help the kids to understand better.
- Next, the attitude and personality of the teacher are very important as it takes a lot of patience to teach the younger lot. A fun-filled atmosphere is important to keep the kid engaged.
- Drumming requires the student to play a particular piece repeatedly to absorb the pattern. Hence it is important for the teacher to remain positive and encouraging.
- Never let pressure affect the performance of the student. Let him know that it is ok to Mae mistakes. This makes learning much more fun and tension free.
- Encourage them to practice every day so that they remain in touch with the basics learned. This helps to sustain the interest of the kids.
- When you enroll in drum lessons Singapore they leave the students to practice alone on their own. When they try out their own things they learn better.
- Sometimes it is a good idea to jam together with the student. It will be super fun for the student and will also motivate him to play better.
Be it drums or any other instrument when learned from a young age the students are able to master the skill better. Also, some form of extracurricular activity is always beneficial to the overall growth of the child. After a hectic day at school, the can destress a little by playing the drums. Also, it is a great method to keep the child engaged and fit. Playing drums involve quite a bit of physical movements and takes up a lot of energy. Hence it is as good as an exercise session. Joining a drumming class also helps the child socialize more and build friendships. You might not know this might just be the foundation of a new band.