Haridwar is the dream destination of most of the Hindus who are devoted to their religion. Be it mythology or the age-old practice of traditions, there is no place in the world that can match the density of crowd that gets gathered in Haridwar every year. Because of the rush, you need to book hotels in Haridwar well in advance so that you can enjoy a comfortable stay there. Once you decide that you would visit Haridwar, you have to make plans for sight-seeing and other activities if you don’t want to miss out on some of the best spots. Thus, you must have a look at these popular tourist spots in Haridwar to enhance your trip.
- Har Ki Pauri: Har Ki Pauri is a scared Ghat in Haridwar. This place has got immense significance as per the Hindu mythology. According to the Vedas, it is believed that both Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu had stepped on this spot and showered their blessings. A footprint on one of the walls here is also believed to be Lord Vishnu’s footprint and is worshipped by the Hindu pilgrims. The Hindus believe that taking a dip in the Holy Ganges at this spot would rid them of their sins. This is why thousands of pilgrims are seen to worship the holy waters every day.
- Shanti Kunj Ashram: When the world fights a bloody war and the poor cling onto the soil to establish their existence, the Shanti Kunj Ashram in Haridwar spreads a positive vibration of love. The Shanti Kunj Ashram has always been known for its serenity. The discipline and determination practiced here attract tourists from all over the world. The visitors love to spend a day here learning the art of meditation.
- Chandi Devi Temple: The Chandi Devi Temple is one of the most revered pilgrimages in the Hindu culture. This temple is the very temple that has been mounted atop the Neel Parvat where the battle of good versus evil had taken place according to the Hindu mythology. This place is believed to be reverberating with the age-old cosmic energy that led to the sprouting of Goddess Chandi from Maa Parvati to destroy the evil. This sacred spot is a popular tourist destination in Haridwar.
- Rajaji National Park: Not all of you would like to spend your entire day worshipping the Divine Being. The Rajaji National Park would give you a different taste in that case. The Rajaji National Park is a renowned place in Haridwar owing to the rich flora and fauna that is present there. This national park is the natural home of the tigers living in the Shiwalik Himalayas. The Rajaji National Park is also the home to more than 500 elephants and some other rare species. If you are lucky, you will get to spot a number of these animals during your wildlife safari.
- Vaishno Devi Temple: The Vaishno Devi Temple is one of the most visited destinations in the world. This place is one of the Char Dhams that complete the spiritual holiness of a Hindu worshipper. Usually, this place is visited by the Hindu pilgrims who want to offer their prayers to the goddess. However, the rough terrains and the cold weather have called in the adventurous who are taking a keen interest nowadays to complete this journey. If you are visiting the Vaishno Devi Temple, you should plan your holiday in the summer months for a comfortable trip. This temple and the route remains closed from autumn to spring every year.
Thus, Haridwar is a heavenly destination and has a lot to offer to the tourists. So, the next time you book hotels in Haridwar, make sure that you have planned your trip well so that you do not miss out on these top tourist destinations!